Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Assignment # 9 The diary of an englishmen


(the perspective of a loyalist being kicked out of America)


Day one

Dear Diary,

I live in Charleston, at the bottom dot of the map. A few days ago, me and my family were told to leave America or become a patriot with the other traitors. We decided to stay loyal to the to the crown and some of us have been beaten or killed as a result of that. Finally, we were forced to leave the thirteen colonies and we gathered up with the other groups of loyalists in our area and were told to follow the map up to Canada. How could they do this? My family and I have lived here for years! They don't have right to kick us out like this. Even so we are outnumbered and have no weapons to defend ourselves with, so are unable to protest against them.





Day two: We begin traveling

Dear Diary,
We have just finished packing up and have begun our journey to Lower Canada. It is still broad daylight, and my back is already aching from walking. After an hour, we stopped to take a break. Then a heard the cry of a wolve and suddenly I wondered, what if something were to happen and stopping us from making it to Canada? What if we are looted by bandits or attacked by wild animals? I must hope for the best of luck for us.





Skip ahead to day six: We are almost there

Dear Diary,

Just a couple of more hours until we arrive to Canada! Me and my family are in good health, and we have plenty of food from all the abundant supply of fruit trees and animal meats. On this journey, I have learned how to catch wild game better, and now know a couple of more poisonous plants not to eat to add to my list. It's around midnight, and should be there in the morning! Me and my family are very excited and happy now that our week-long hike is close to over.



Day 7: Canada....

Dear Diary,

We are in Lower Canada right now, and are living in tents for the winter. The rations are meager, and we barely have enough supplies to spread around. After the winter though, we will be given the chance to seek our own homes, and start a new life.
Day 8: Finally!
We have finally been granted the permission to build our homes! The area seems pleasant, but our neighbors aren't being that kind to us . I think that's because they probably think we are like the Americans, traitors to the Queen, but they'll soon know that I'm just like them. The other loyalists that arrived with me have also taken settlement nearby, and starting from tomorrow, we are going to start to help eachother build our homes. While the men are doing that, all the women will be either forraging or planting seeds for crops. It is mid-summer, and the weather is perfect for these things. Overall, I thought that was a great experience moving up here and all, because every time you do something, you get a little more better at it and in this case, I learned what plants not to eat, and how to catch wild game better. Not to mention that I'll soon be building a home again and help others build theirs so that will "refreshen" my skills in that so I can brag about it to my other friends.


Yours Truely,


Richard Osinly

P.S. We are in Quebec
_______________________________________________________________
The only website I used for this assignment was wikipedia, since it is one of the best sites to look for infomation, I really didn't need to search up two more sites because it had all the information I needed

3 comments:

James said...

Amazing Assignment! This assignment is one of the best assignment nines i have read! Keep up the great work!

Im going to follow you

Jamesss

Damien said...

Miss me?

adam's awsome history blog said...

hey dillon

FOLLOW MY BLOG PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

ADAM